Aerial Fitness & Performing arts
Our mission statement...
Airotique aerial fitness and performing arts is dedicated to providing quality instruction in the aerial and circus arts to both men and women. We ensure training in a safe and positive environment. We emphasize the development of strength, flexibility and coordination. We also assure body awareness and self confidence.
We value our instructor student ratio and maintain constant physical coach spotting. Reservations required for all classes. Safety is our highest priority and skills are taught in levels appropriate to the student's ability with emphasis in aerial conditioning. Our facility is equipped with wall to wall matted floor and 12-24 inch industry standard landing mats. Airotique carries specific insurance coverage as a circus school for aerial instruction and acro exercises. Each staff member is trained in aerial safety, certified in CPR and First aid . The warmup prior to every class is crucial to safety and beneficial for your training so please reschedule your reservation if you are more than 10 minutes late. We strive to start all your classes on time.
- Is there an age requirement or restrictions? YES All participants must be 18 years old or 15 yrs with parent present during the class. We occasionally hold youth workshops for ages 12-15. The maximum age is based on one's personal ability. This is an exercise class that requires each student to have full use of both hands and feet. It is not recommended for people that are pregnant, have current heart or blood pressure conditions. Students are expected to be in good health and released from doctor's care for injuries or prior surgeries. Students are required to hold body weight . Registrations, waiver and liability forms are required from every student.
- What should I wear or bring? Form fitting workout pants are recommended for skin protection. We ask you don't wear lotions, oils or jewelry on during class. It is always recommended to bring towel and water. Cleanliness of clothing and skin are of utmost importance to Airotique. Shoes are not required or allowed on mats. Socks can be worn for certain classes.
- Can I drop in to a class? NO, Airotique requires every client make reservations for every class to ensure each participant has equipment and personal instruction necessary. If the class is full we offer waiting list. Please refer to the class menu to view descriptions and pictures of classes. Registration and full payment are required prior to class. No shows will not be refunded.
- Do you have one on one training? YES we offer Personal training by request and availability. Please call 757-422-4200 for more info.
- Can I book a private lesson for a small group? YES outside of our regular class hours we can host a small session for your group the required amount is 5-7 persons. Non-refundable deposit required. Please call for availability.
- Is picture or video taping allowed? NO Please ask Airotique Management before taking any pictures within studio. Photo sessions are available for more info please call 757-422-4200. This is for safety and confidentiality reasons.
- What are the types of equipment used? Airotique is free of weights and machines . The apparatus used are Silk fabric, lyra hoop, corde lisse and static trapeze.
- Is there a weight limit? The aerial equipment is weight loaded for 500 lbs. Each participant is required to hold or lift own body weight into the apparatus.